A migrating corrosion inhibitor – coating
Single-component migrating inhibitor delaying corrosion of steel reinforcement in reinforced concrete.
- penetrates concrete, binds with iron, cleave on its surface and delays the initiation of corrosion
- has no influence on the concrete structure
- does not decrease vapor permeability
- significantly increases the lifetime of concrete
- easy application, supplied ready to use
- ARMOGUARD N is used as a preventative guard against corrosion of concrete-steel constructions, during repairs of concrete–steel constructions for treatment of corroding or corrosion threatened steel armor in places without visual damage to concrete.
- ARMOGUARD N is especially suitable for lengthening the lifetime of appearing concrete.
Physical and mechanical parameters
|Density (kg/m3)||1 010|
|pH value||< 10,4|
The product is certified according to Act no. 22/1997 Coll. and Governmental Decree No. 312/2005 Coll.
Supervision of the quality system, EMS and OHSAS is carried out by Notified Body No. 1020.
Instruction for preparation and application
Base. All dust, dirt and old coatings must be removed from surface of which ARMOGUARD N is supposed to be applied. The best way is to apply the coating on dry, absorbent surface.
Coating preparation. ARMOGUARD N is fit for direct application, does not require any further preparation.
Workability of the product is not limited
Neither temperature of the base nor temperature of ambient air shall be below + 5 °C and above + 30 °C.
ARMOGUARD N coating is applied by spraying or by a roller or a brush. According to the absorption
of the surface 1-2 layers are recommended, so the overall consumption is not lower than 0.2 kg/m2. Next layer can be applied directly after the previous one.
Surface treatment. Treated surfaces should be properly moistened once or twice a day for 1 – 3 days after the application to fasten the penetration
Spreading capacity (specific consumption) amounts to 0.2 ÷ 0.4 kg/m2 in dependence to particular application.
More info on the product page
ARMOGUARD N (ENG) (pdf, 0.3 MB)