Polymer admixture to improve bondability of cement mixtures and concrete and water density
FEBOND SBR is a styrene-butadiene co-polymer-disperse system, developed for use in cement mixtures and in concrete in damp conditions.
Used as an admixture to improve water density, abrasion resistance and workability/elasticity.
FEBOND SBR, combined with cement, provides an effective water resistant and reliable bonding layer.
Fields of applications
- Concrete repairs
- Floor screeds and toppings
- Exterior walls bonding and sole plate plastering
- Waterproofing and tanking
- Fixing stairs
- Corrosion protection of steel
- Silage pit lining and protection
Features and benefits
FEBOND SBR modified cement mixtures have the following advantages:
- Increased flexural strength
- Increased tensile strength
- In proper ratio significantly reduces shrinkage
- Prevents penetration of the second coat into rendering coat
- Lower water – cement ratio
- Increased durability and toughness, improved abrasion resistance. Good frost, abrasion resistance to waterborne salt penetration.
- Resistant to many chemicals and mineral oils.
- Excellent adhesion to steel and concrete. Sticks well to bricks, glass, asphalt, wood, polystyrene and most of the building materials
- Better corrosion defence
- Proved durability
- Thermal expansion and modal features similar to concrete.
- Approved for use in contact with drinking water (WRC certified – UK)
Find more about product on the Estonian data sheet Febond_SBR.pdf and from our sales representatives.