Võru National Gymnasium

Võru National Gymnasium is located at Võru city’s oldest house which was built about 300 years ago. At first, this building was used as a manor. In 1804 this manor turned into an elementary school and in 1810 into a District school. First bigger reconstruction works took place in 1830 when the building lost its former segment fronton and main entrance with double staircase. In 1911-1912, just before The First World War, the building got its second floor. Building’s facade was partly changed and a two-storied silicate brick annex was built in the yard according to a standard project in the beginning of 1960-s.

During the construction works of the National gymnasium, the main house was completely repaired and the silicate brick annex was replaced with a new 2-storied extension with a plinth which was built using reinforced concrete panels. Both buildings were joined with a 3-storied class gallery. Effective neto area of the renewed academic building was 3 219 sq.m of which more than half comes from the new additional building part. The contracting authority for this project was Riigi Kinnisvara AS (State Real Estate Ltd) and the main contractor was Nordecon AS.

In addition to interior and exterior waterproofing works for the plinth floor masonry of the existing building we also conducted horizontal moisture barrier against surface water capillary rise. Works included both, external and interior walls. We used Epasit injection mortar Epasit EPM, which we used to fill the gaps in masonry, and injection liquid Epasit MSF.


What we did

We conducted horizontal moisture barrier using injection method to exterior and interior walls against surface water capillary rise.

What we used